Yang, Hui Xin
Family Child Care Home / Educator | Lic. #384001466
Total Star Rating:
Rated on: 3/12/2019
This program uses an evidence-based child assessment and observation tool.
Developmental and Health Screenings
This program ensures that children receive a health or hearing/vision exam every year. It also works with families to make sure all children receive a developmental screening using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire and the Ages and Stages/Social Emotional Questionnaire (ASQ and ASQ-SE), and uses the results to make referrals and plan interventions and adaptations in the program.
Teacher/Family Child Care Home Qualifications
12 to 24 Early Childhood Education (ECE) college units.
Effective Teacher-Child Interactions
This program has had an independent observer use the CLASS tool to assess teacher-child interactions and scores highest on providing:
- Emotional support
- An organized classroom
- Consistent schedules and routines
- Interactions that build vocabulary, critical thinking skills and curiosity
- Lessons that include children’s experiences and ideas
Ratios and Group Size
This program’s environment has been assessed by an independent observer using the Environmental Rating Scale, and it rates highest on providing:
- A safe, clean, and enriching environment
- Good health practices
- A variety of activities, materials and play areas right for a child’s age