SHMIDT, MARINA & YAKOV
Family Child Care Home / Educator | Lic. #380506436
Total Star Rating:
Rated on: 11/8/2016
This program uses the Desired Results Developmental Profile for observation and assessment twice a year, uses the results to help plan curriculum, and holds parent conferences.
Developmental and Health Screenings
This program works with families to ensure screening of all children using a valid and reliable developmental screening tool at entry and as indicated by results thereafter.
Teacher/Family Child Care Home Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and 21 hours of professional development annually.
Effective Teacher-Child Interactions
This program has had an independent observer use the CLASS tool to assess teacher-child interactions and scores highest on providing:
- Emotional support
- An organized classroom
- Consistent schedules and routines
- Interactions that build vocabulary, critical thinking skills and curiosity
- Lessons that include children’s experiences and ideas
Ratios and Group Size
This program’s environment has been assessed by an independent observer using the Environmental Rating Scale, and it rates highest on providing:
- A safe, clean, and enriching environment
- Good health practices
- A variety of activities, materials and play areas right for a child’s age