- This event has passed.
Teaching Pyramid Training (Infant/Toddler) Series
February 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
What is the Teaching Pyramid?
The Teaching Pyramid is a comprehensive approach designed to help educators promote social-emotional competence, address challenging behaviors in young children, and develop safe and nurturing group environments for all children
How do we implement the Teaching Pyramid in our program?
- Attend all five training modules as a classroom or program team
- Send representatives to the County-Wide Leadership Team meetings
- o 4 meetings scheduled on a weekday
- o Administrators, teachers, site supervisors, and behavioral/mental health providers attend as a team for each program
- Identify internal coaches/champions
- Work with quality coaches to support implementation
Social-Emotional Development in the Context of Relationships
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Responsive Routines & Environments
Saturday, December 16, 2017
Social Emotional Strategies
Saturday, February 24, 2018
Determining the Meaning of Challenging Behavior
Saturday, March 24, 2018
Individualized Intensive Intervention
Saturday, May 5, 2018
8:00 AM Sign-‐in Opens
8:30 AM to 4:00 PM Session
We start promptly at 8:30 AM
Location: WestEd Boardroom
760 Harrison Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107
Light breakfast and lunch will be provided
*First 5 San Francisco is the sponsoring agency of this training. At this time, the workshop can only accommodate early childhood educators working at an early education program in San Francisco who receive OECE Early Learning Scholarship funding. Thank you for your understanding.
“I think our staff really benefited from all the training. All the trainings allowed the staff to explore and think differently and keep up-to-date….”
-Helen Lao, Co-Director, Little Footprints Preschool