- This event has passed.
INQUIRY AND PROJECT BASED LEARNING : Leadership Community of Practice
November 4 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
ABOUT INQUIRY AND PROJECT BASED LEARNING
Inquiry based learning provides students with opportunities to build knowledge, abilities, and inquiring habits of mind that lead to deeper understanding of their world and human experience. Inquiry based learning helps young children develop the skills to be 21st century learners, including collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, communication, connection, innovation, problem solving, and global awareness.
Facilitated by Michelle Grant-Groves, Tara Ryan, and Katherine Saribay
- Early education leaders will build leadership capacity.
- Cultivate the conditions for transformational change in systems design and school culture; and
- Explore the use of data as a guide for both story and strategy.
- Through monthly sessions, build community, engage in a shared-learning experience, and collaboratively explore their successes, challenges, and opportunities.
- The CoP will include a book study of “Unmistakable Impact,” by Jim Knight.
Dates: 11/4/2020, 12/2/2020, 1/6/2021, 2/3/2021, 3/3/2021, 4/7/2021, 5/5/2021, 6/2/2021
“I think our staff really benefited from all the training. All the trainings allowed the staff to explore and think differently and keep up-to-date….”
-Helen Lao, Co-Director, Little Footprints Preschool