Engaging Deeply with Families- 2 Day Workshop
January 25 @ 5:00 pm - January 26 @ 4:00 pm
A three-part training. Participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to engage deeply with families.
- Explore how culture and language effect family engagement in child care programs.
- Acquire new insights about the five protective factors that strengthen families.
- Identify each program’s strengths and challenges in engaging with and supporting families.
- Connect with other programs committed to creating a new family engagement paradigm.
- Create an action plan for family engagement and support.
- Receive up to four on-site visits with a trainer to put the program’s action plan to work.
Friday, January 25th, 5:00pm – 8:30pm (includes Dinner) & Saturday, January 26th, 9:00am – 4:00pm (includes Breakfast & Lunch)
Engaging Deeply with Families Two-day Workshop: Connecting, Learning, and Creating a Site Action Plan
Site teams must include at least one administrator and one teacher per classroom – larger teams are encouraged!
You will be assigned a Family Engagement Support Coach/Trainer who will schedule up to 4 visits with you to work on your Family Engagement Action Plan. Your coach will contact you to create a schedule of visits.
Expect the Family Engagement Meetings and Action Plan work to take 5 or more hours per month of staff time.
May 16th, 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Engaging Families Celebration! A chance to come together with other programs to go deeper, to share challenges and to celebrate successes!
“I think our staff really benefited from all the training. All the trainings allowed the staff to explore and think differently and keep up-to-date….”
-Helen Lao, Co-Director, Little Footprints Preschool