- This event has passed.
DUAL LANGUAGE LEARNERS PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
January 9 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
After attending a one day training on Dual Language Learners many questions remain… Come share your questions, documentation and discoveries with a cadre of Dual Language emerging experts!
- Form a supporting Professional Learning Community
- Share experiences, questions and documentation
- Gain theoretical knowledge about language acquisition
- Learn about protocols for reflection and action
- Explore how bias and racism affect our dual language learners
- Share how Early Childhood Educators might provide safe spaces for Dual Language Learners to thrive
- Talk about the power of family engagement
Discuss culturally sensitive practices in ECE settings.
Please commit to attending all meetings.
Dates: 01/09/20, 02/13/20, 03/12/20, 04/09/20, 05/14/20, 06/18/20
Time: 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (dinner provided!)
Location: 1390 Market Street Suite 1125, San Francisco
Languages used during the PLCs:
English and Spanish
“I think our staff really benefited from all the training. All the trainings allowed the staff to explore and think differently and keep up-to-date….”
-Helen Lao, Co-Director, Little Footprints Preschool